Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Let's catch up...




Thank you so much for your warm welcome back to blogland.  I am so grateful for your kind and loving comments.  xxx

I think it may have been 2014 when I wrote my last post.  My Mother-in-law was moving in with us so that I could care for her.  I'll never forget the moment the van arrived in our driveway with 50 boxes (yes, 50) plus furniture and garden ornaments. She is still keeping me on my toes, although she has slowed down somewhat in the last year.  She'll be 93 in October.

Our kids are all in their mid-twenties to early thirties now. (when did that happen??) and have finished university and are working/volunteering in a wide range of jobs.  Some of them we see more than others due to distance,  as they are fairly far flung.  My two are still in Scotland, (although still over 3 hours drive to get there) along with my oldest step-son, while one is in the north of England, and the other in the south.  The most adventurous of all is out in India.






2015 was a difficult year, as I had a breast cancer scare (turned out to be benign), sweet old Sandy doggy died, and a few weeks later my dear Dad also passed away after a very long illness.  God gave me such strength, and peaceful reassurance.  My dear family and a very dear friend were wonderfully kind and loving and we got through it together.

The Quiet Home is still in the same old farmhouse in Scotland, with a few changes here and there.  I'll show you what we've been up to soon.  Hubby and I are still enjoying our mugs of tea in the garden, and my Mum comes to stay sometimes too.




I'm sure I don't need to mention that I am still crocheting and knitting every day.  Ah, the bliss of a lap full of yarny goodness!  The above piccie is of a blankety-rug thing I've just finished making, using up odds and ends of yarn.  I have set myself a wee challenge for 2017, and will tell all soon. :)

I can't tell you what a lovely thing it is to be sitting here, chatting to you again, after all this time.  I have missed you all SO much.  Until next time...

Happy Wednesday, friends, xxx





8 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you are back. Your blog was always a favorite of mine. So good to know that your cancer scare was just that - a scare! But I am sure that it brought even closer to Our God!
    Such a pretty blankety-rug thing you have shared today :0) Have a blessed day... mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mari! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh and WE HAVE MISSED YOU! I'm so glad you're back, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, PP! Thank you so much! :) Xxx

      Delete
  3. It is nice that you are sharing again. I think that I came upon your other blog as you were just leaving and I remember how I so enjoyed all that you shared there. I am so happy that you are back. Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Teri! :) Xxx

      Delete
  4. Juat today I've been searching for Scottish blogs. I have a 'thing' about Sctoland :) And not only did I find a Scottish blog, but I found yours again!!!

    Thankyou for sharing your ups and downs over the last couple of years. Good to see you are still doing the 'yarny thing' :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lynda! So glad you could visit again! :) Thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad you have a 'thing' for Scotland, it's a wonderful place to live. Hugs, xxx

      Delete