Friday, 7 July 2017

Posting at last!

Oh dear, what a rubbish blogger I am turning out to be!  It seems like ages since my last post, but it's been all go here.

  

Firstly, I failed my yarn challenge and bought some rainbow yarn...



It is lovely though, isn't it?  This isn't my knitting, it's a piccie from the Stylecraft website.  It's Stylecraft Merry Go Round in Pastel Rainbow.  Just what's needed while the weather is wet, grey and cool.  Yes, I know....I wasn't going to buy any until I had used up all my odds and ends...oh dear.

Secondly, I have been getting our home ready for our new arrival.  Our rescue greyhound will be coming home next weekend...we are very, very much looking forward to welcoming him into our family!  I've been busy getting his bed ready, and buying in supplies again, oh and all the paperworky stuff too.  

I will leave you with this wonderful painting by Dianne Heap....we bought a print of it.  It looks a lot like hubby and I, and of course a wonderful greyhound. :)




Hope you're having a lovely summer, friends! xxx








4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! What a lovely picture to look at as you anticipate your new arrival. Oh, go ahead and buy a little yarn. It's okay to have a stash of back up wool, most people do. We don't want to turn our knitting and crochet into a rule-ridden endeavor. Then it wouldn't be so much fun, so blissful.
    Oh, I bet you are all a twitter, waiting for your little wonder bug to bound into your lives. He is blessed because he is coming into a family that will cherish him. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PP! We are super excited!!😁 Xx

      Delete
  2. Ha! Ha! I'm glad you are as weak as me where yarn is concerned :))

    And Congratulations! on your new (rather large) 'baby'!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes indeed! :D And thanks, we can't wait to get him home! Xx

      Delete